Monday, January 08, 2007

Craft Room Reorganization


I finally got around to reorganizing and cleaning out my "craft room". Michael hung shelves for me last week. It really helped get things off my workspace and out of the way! I also had room for my maniacal clown (on the right) which was a birthday gift from my friend Jim. Although it is very small, I also put up my day of the dead band Shadowbox from Mexico on the left below the shelves. I strung a cool little hanger thingy with some of my favorite pics on it. I can change those out as I like. I also hung a couple of prints from my days in Thailand, so I have good memories to look at in my workspace. On the right, the drawer things hold current projects/pages, supplies, embellishments, chipboard stuff, oversized embellishments. On the left, a desk organizer holds my alphabets, sayings and decorative rub ons, stickers, etc.. I sorted those into file folders so they are very easy to find.

My workspace is actually a piece from a 1950s farmhouse. It is a metal "bar" like thing. It is curved on the end and has shelves on the curved end and on the right side. So I stuck all sorts of paper pieces, small cardstock, art supplies, paints, chalks, etc. The piece is taller than a desk, so I like that.



The wall to the immediate left is a wall of built in shelves. The bottom ones go across the entire wall and I have lots of books, etc on the left side and kept my art/craft stuff limited to the right side. As you can see it holds cardstock, albums and more supplies.
I also have an old armoire to the right that is painted cream and I keep a lot of stuff in it, as well. On the wall where I stood to take the pics is a small couch and a side table so I can kick back and read. Well, ok, Maya is the one who uses it mostly so it is just a big dog bed. I know it is not the "typical" scrapbooking/art area but I like it and it works for me. I do more than scrap in the space as I really like to do collage and altered art projects, as well. Yes, the wall really is the color of a Hershey Bar and, yes, so is the ceiling. Nothing like a milk chocolate room to envelope you as you work!!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 2:36 AM, Blogger Nathalie Kalbach said...

hey - this looks really good - love this!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home