Tuesday, December 26, 2006

What the ????

Who gets Thrombophlebitis? Apparently, me! Oh and I get the rare version - in the arm! Geezzzz! It is the vein where I had to get an IV two weeks ago, after a nasty dehydration incident. It hurt when I got the IV and I had some bruising up the vein, etc. but all that went away until today! I felt quite a bit of pain in this area on the inside of my arm and when I felt it, I felt a pea sized knot on the vein. Sooo, a few phone calls later I am sitting in the walk in clinic at the family practice we use. I am on anti biotics, Celebrex and keeping it elevated with heat. This puts a little kink in my PT on the rotator cuff on that arm. Weird stuff, it could be from the IV but the dr said it was unusual for it to show up over 2 weeks later! Michael's dad said the vein is kaput now - useless, never to be poked again. Happy New Year. Hey, at least I think I might spend all my Flexible Spending Account money this year after the deductible and meds today!! I swear the past few months have been tough on me, medically. Hmmmm??

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 9:57 AM, Blogger Jami said...

Oh Deb, I hope you feel better soon. My sister had one in her leg last year. I won't tell you more about that. She was only 33 yrs old at the time. I thought it was a old person problem. when who would have thunk. Do as the Dr. says and next year will be better. Happy New Year!!!

 
At 2:59 AM, Blogger Nathalie Kalbach said...

so sorry to hear this Deb - hope you are feeling better now! Huge Hugs!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home