Thursday, December 21, 2006

Have I told you how much I like Memphis?

I have surely not because the reality is that I really DON'T. I love my job and the people I work with are fine - it is just Memphis.

Memphis is a fun place to come spend a weekend but once you do that, well there is not much left. Now I know there are folks who would rise up with arms to do battle with me about how wonderful Memphis is. The cold, hard truth is that crime is a major, major problem here. In fact, Memphis now ranks 3rd in crime in the nation!! Heck, the Police Chief went to NYC to see how they, finally, got a grip on crime. In context, Memphis is a lot like New Orleans was! If there were a huge catastrophe in Memphis - well it would be the Katrina thing all over again. Folks would evacuate to other locations and those locations would start to despise the "evacuees". (Now I am so not saying that all the evacuees were undesirable - by no means)

This past week, I returned to my apartment to find my little kettle grill stolen from my patio, where it had resided, semi happily (come on it was in Memphis) for over 2 years! The scum that took my little kettle grill, left the charcoal in the little rubbermaid container, go figure!! Someone there told me that they could not pawn the charcoal. HA! Who would pawn a little grill? Is there a pawn shop that would buy it? I paid, maybe about $20 for it. BUT that is not the issue, it is the principal that someone came onto my property and took something that belonged to me - AGAIN.

Hence, my love affair (NOT) with Memphis. The ghost of Elvis needs to start kicking some thug ass...........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home