Saturday, December 30, 2006

Now dats some good eatin'


Bodacious - it best describes this pot of red beans I made today ya'll. I had quite a bit of ham left over from Christmas so I boiled the bone and made some very tasty stock yesterday. I got my last two packages of Camillia Red Beans out of the cabinet and soaked them overnight. Camilla is the red bean, no others are as good. V usually brings me a stash home when she visits family in New Orleans or, if I head to Monroe, can find some there at the grocery store.
Anyway, I chopped up some celery, onions and bell pepper. I rinsed my beans and threw them in the crock pot with the veggies and a dab of butter. I add bay leaves, thyme, oregano, cayenne pepper, white pepper and some Tabasco. I added chunks of left over Honey-b ham which we order from the Plano, TX location because the shipping is half the cost of the one in Lake Charles, LA .
We were tempted with the smell of those beans cooking all afternoon but they are ready. Right now I have the rice cooking and in a few minutes we will be enjoying those red beans. I did accomplish a few other things in between, I washed sheets, put up laundry, organized three kitchen drawers and the pantry and organized my linen closet. I think I am done for the day.
Tonight we are going to Parrot Beach Cafe to see some friends who are in from Nashville (a group called Texarkana) play. They called last night trying to entice us out of the house and taunting us with names like "party animals" but that did not describe us the past several days - no way, no how!
We try to avoid going out on New Year's Eve...it is amateur night (HA). We are going to a friend's house to see his brand new bachelor pad he had built but that is it. Since I am taking all this medicine, I am designated driver so all will be safe.
Happy New Year!

1 Comments:

At 3:00 AM, Blogger Nathalie Kalbach said...

I wish you a Happy New Year! Hugs!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home