Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Brrrr Baby It's Cold Inside


Yes baby, its cold inside my apartment in Memphis. I arrived tonight to find it 52 degrees inside. Ok that is not freezing BUT come on it is cold!! I could not get the heat (or air) to work at all. I called the office, no answer. I had Michael look on the website to see if he could find a maintenance number (the office number - again no answer). I decided to look on line myself and found that for after hours maintenance emergencies ( come on it is an emergency right? ) you call, guess what, yep the office. I tried one more time - you know just in case they somehow turned on the answering machine or something and -- no answer. Is anyone surprised? I know it has been awhile since I have bitched about the management of this place because it has gotten a lot better since Alco took over but there ought to be a way to contact them for after hour maintenance needs. Maybe I should start a fire on the patio...oh wait my little grill was stolen but, hey, they left the charcoal.. hmmmm!
So here I sit wrapped up and cold. I am going to make some coffee because that is, at least, hot! I have hot water so it is something with the unit. I have not been here since Dec 21 - so no telling how long it has been cold in here. I should not really have much of an Memphis Light, Gas & Water bill for sure!!
I am even tempted to get back out and go buy a space heater somewhere.... maybe Walgreens would have one of those little ones I could put near me and then in the bathroom in the morning. I dread the thought of a shower and getting out in this cold apartment --- NHO big time huh?
Just as I am trying to get over this killer cough and congestion.
Send me some warmth... cause baby it's cold inside.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home