Saturday, January 13, 2007

Rain, rain Go Away!

It is a dreary, rainy day here in the Land of Opportunity, oh wait - we are now the Natural State. Maybe we are the Natural Land of Opportunity State. Anyway, we are deluged with rain. In the NW part of the state there is an ice warning. Here, in Little Rock and surrounding areas, there are flash flood warnings. It makes for a lazy, grey day. I am still sitting around in my pj's.
I am supposed to meet up with Diana tonight and catch Big John Miller Band at the Afterthought. That means I need to shower, dress, put on make up and go outside. I am psyching myself up for it. It is a shame when you have to give yourself a pep talk to make you leave the house. I still have this croupy crud in my chest and it just will not go away. I am sure the rain will help tonight!! :-) At least the Afterthought is totally non smoking. Maybe tomorrow will be much more productive.

UPDATE: I decided to back out and received a message from Diana that she was backing out, as well. So I think the stars were aligned to keep me in - which was fine with me. I showered, put on clean pjs and am vegging inside a warm, dry house tonight. Still hacking and coughing but I am warm and dry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home