Monday, August 07, 2006

Monday, Monday

Things are fine. I am so over Denver - I have to be.

I had a great weekend. We (Michael, Maya and I) went to Siloam Springs to see his sister and her husband's new house. It is a cute house, with a great yard. They will have a great time decorating it. Their housewarming was fun and we met some cool folks. We spent the night in Springdale and took a leisurely drive home on Sunday. We slept late (and it felt good) and went to Atlanta Bread Company in Fayetteville for lunch. We ate outdoors with Maya at our feet. It was great!

We took the old hwy 71 home. I love that drive and the views are awesome. The interstate is faster for sure but you just do not get those views from I-540.

I took a couple of bottle of wines to the open house and we opened a Spanish Red. It was outstanding!! I highly recommend this wine to you if you like red, with a tiny hint of sweet. It was the best Spanish red I have had in a long time. It was very inexpensive, as well. This is a pic to the right. It even has a bull charm around the neck. I think I paid around $10 for the bottle. A great find! I intend to purchase more to keep around the house for family and friends that stop by.

On the way home we stopped in Morrilton at McDonald's. Maya and I shared a vanilla ice cream cone sitting outside on the curb with my feet in the grass and the sun beaming down on us. It was great!! Those little things just make me smile.

When we got home and unloaded, Maya and Michael took a nap together on the couch. They snuggle up and the snoring begins.
She loves to snooze with him for sure. Check out this pic from a while back and you will see what I am talking about... Don't they look like two peas in a pod? I think so.

I piled on the bed and read the Sunday paper. I found a home on 17 acres in Roland and we have an appointment next Saturday to look at it. Who knows? We really want to build but we just might find the perfect house already built.

I am happy. I am content. I have many wonderful and diverse friends that I have learned so much from. They enrich my life by being a part of it and I would not have it any other way. I was looking at our calendar for the next several months and we have a monthly dinner with friends, we have a lake outing with friends and families, we have our annual retreat to the top of Petit Jean Mountain with friends, we have King Biscuit with friends, we have birthdays and holidays. We have family events. We have enriched lives and for that, we are thankful!! I love them all! Sorry to gush poetic here but recent events opened my eyes to the fascinating people I already know. I am lucky that I have met all these people. How sad would life be if I limited myself to just one type of friend? Pretty sad, I think.

3 Comments:

At 1:11 AM, Blogger Nathalie Kalbach said...

I can so understand - friends are so importent - how wonderful you have so many!

 
At 9:02 AM, Blogger Amanda said...

You're so right - we can all learn so much by having diverse friends. I wish everyone would choose to experience that.

And a totally cute pic of Michael and Maya!

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger mbville said...

And YOU are definitely one of the more interesting/cool people WE know!!! Love the pic of Michael and Maya. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home