Monday, June 12, 2006

Birthdays

I love birthdays. I know lots of folks just cringe when someone makes "to-do" about a birthday. I am not one of those cringers. Bring on the birthdays! I always have a huge party on my birthday! Last year we had it at the Press Box with the Jess Hoggard Band playing. The year before that we had it at Phil Good's with the Gil Franklin Band. There was at least 100 people there. I never want presents - I just want folks to come out and have a good time. I guess the reality is that I love to have a party and if I have to use my birthday as an excuse to do it - well so be it. I gave Michael a party at the Press Box for his birthday this year. He even got up and played a song or two with the Gil Franklin band. That would be him on the right playing bass. Friday night, I had a birthday dinner for my sister in law, Mirian. She turned 31 - GASP - ancient in her opinion. (eye roll). We grilled hot dogs and had all the fixings, potato salad, mac & cheese, Italian Cream Cake and Ice Cream. I made a pitcher of Margaritas as an appetizer. HA. We all had a great time and all was well until the end when my mom fell and broke her arm, cracked her head open and busted her knee. That is a whole other story. Here is Mirian with my niece, Emily. Now doesn't everyone look happy? Just 15 minutes later - all hell broke loose. We had ambulance & fire in the front yard and grandma was on her way to the hospital. Grandma is doing fine, by the way, she is very sore but making it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home