Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Sunny California


Greetings from sunny Fresno. In fact, it is a bit too sunny. It is beyond sunny and is "cookin". It was 105 degrees here today. 105! You know, once you hit 100 - does it matter how high it goes. It is melting, sticky, stinky hot and there is nothing you can do about it.

Sure, there was a bit of a breeze today BUT it was a hot breeze. It was like blowing a heater on you. It was not much comfort. Add to that the fact the the room we are training in has no air. Yep, it is broken. Talk about some unhappy campers in that room today. Particularly, me. I cannot stand to be hot. I would much rather be cold. You can always add more clothes. Being cold does not make you sticky and stinky.

Another note - notice the O in Fresno in the post card above? "It don't look like that here." I am thinking that pic is from Yosemite, which is not all that far from here, but Fresno does not look like that. At least I have not seen it.

Another thing, finding a grocery store was a chore. What is up with that? Is there a rule about grocery stores in Fresno? We found two this afternoon but they were, technically, in Clovis and not Fresno.

Send me a/c vibes. I need it..... I feel like the wicked witch on the Wizard of Oz that screeches "I'm melting....." come to think of it, I sort of look like her too!

Never thought I would be somewhere that had me wishing for Arkansas in July!!!

1 Comments:

At 5:06 AM, Blogger Nathalie Kalbach said...

So you think they "stole" the O from the Yosemite Card? That would be funny!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home