Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Working at Home



I work at home a couple of days a pay period and really like it. I seem to get more done. I have access to my network, programs, etc. I can stay in my grungy clothes all day, put on no make up, drink coffee all day and get work done!!

I am home today working. I am "attending" a seminar via videostreaming. It is ok except that, sometimes, the sound cuts in and out and, usually, when it is something I really want to hear!! There is also this annoyance of the phone in the conference room ringing constantly and no one answering it or turning it down! Then there is the man who keeps getting phone calls on his cell who does not realize that all across the country - folks are hearing his side of the phone call. Maddening.

On the break, I grabbed my camera and headed out front to take a few pics of some of the flowers blooming in the garden. Now, I am no gardener and it thrills me when things actually live. So I relish in the fact that there are blooming things in my garden!! Wow! I snapped a couple of things in bloom . The pink flower above is a Mandevilla and it is blooming like crazy. This one on the left is a Gardenia. They smell so yummy. We have an incredibly old Lavender bush that has been here since 1862 when the previous owner's grandmother brought it here from England. When they left they cut some from the roots and took it with them. I thought it died because the first year it was just a stick. Last year it had a small bloom. This year, so far, nothing. Talk about pressure - trying to preserve a "historic" bush in your yard!!
Maya was awfully nosy about what I was doing and not liking being in the house "prison". You can see her looking at me out the door. Poor Maya - held captive by a door, with bars no less!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home