Wednesday, July 26, 2006

He's Gay? Imagine That!

Ok, so the news broke today that Lance Bass (formerly of N'Sync) has outed himself. He gave an exclusive interview to People mag that will hit the newsstands on Friday. All I have to say is "Was anyone really surprised to hear this bit of trivia?"

My daughter and her best friend were N'Sync fanatics!! I have been to some concerts to take them. They have been to far more of them than I. I recall the frantic Saturday morning spent on line trying to get tickets. Dad on one computer, mom on another, daughter & friend trying, as well & friend's parents - all of us hooked up via telephone and cell phones seeing if anyone got in and got tickets. The things we do for our kids. Obsessed does not even begin to describe the fascination daughter and her friend had. Psychotically obsessed begins to. My daughter was destined to marry Justin Timberlake (in her eyes) and her friend was going to marry Lance Bass ( in her eyes, as well). Thankfully, that obsession faded.

So I called my daughter a bit ago and said "What are you doing?" She was on the phone with her friend discussing the fact that they just found out Lance Bass is gay. Her great quote " I would not be so pissed about it except for the fact that mom said all along Lance was gay and she was right!" There ya go, us moms, sometimes we get it right!

In case you were trying to remember what he looked like during the N'Sync years - here is a pic for your edification. Go on and look...now admit it... you knew back then right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home