Monday, August 14, 2006

Hello from Fort Wayne!

Fort Wayne, Indiana. What is here you ask? Hmmm, I am not sure. I did see something about Johnny Appleseed. I did see the remaining structures of "Fort Wayne". So far, what I have seen of FW - it is ok. There are some lovely parts of the city and some not so lovely parts (like any place). Lots of green here, I like that (green as in grass, trees, etc..).

The Little Rock airport was eerily empty Sunday morning. The past 5 times I have flown out on a Sunday - it has been packed!! This time, when I got to screening there were just 2 people ahead of me. The screening was no different than before. In fact, it went faster than it has in a long time! However, once you got past all that and got to the gate, they had it blocked where you had to come in at one area and they then hand searched your bags. I did not see them at every gate and I am not sure how they picked which gates to do it at. I thought maybe they were making sure you did not go purchase something like a bottled water and try to sneak it on or something. However, in Chicago I could have slipped just about anything on (hand cream, lip gloss - the whole works).

It is cooler here than in Arkansas and I am enjoying that. It was stormy today so I had wonderful humidity hair. For me that means a huge frizzy mess.

So Lana tagged us Scrapmuse gals with blogs- so here I go and my answers are in bold, unless I had to qualify an answer:

YOUR HOME

Coffee table or soft ottoman? Neither
Flower arrangements or candle-scapes?
TV/DVD/stereo black or silver?
Garden annuals or perennials?
Antiques & flea finds or matching sets? Mixture of old and new
Office or junk drawer? (make that plural)

YOUR SELF

Pony tail or butterfly clip?
Make-up or nada? if I do not want to scare off the world
Cotton or synthetics?
Flip flops or leather sandals?
Silver or gold? ( all of these apply)

WITH HUBBY (for me Boyfriend)

Fine dining or picnics? ( of course, we consider the Whole Hog Cafe to be fine dining!)
In jammies or unmentionables?
You click the remote or he does?
Theater or rent? Netflix
Lowes or the mall?
House work or hire it out?

Ok, so I met the challenge... step up ladies!!

Finally, I am watching David Letterman and Gnarls Barkley is performing "Crazy". I like this song, it is pretty cool. They are interesting to look at though ---> I also went to Barnes & Noble yesterday and picked up a couple of cd's; I got Joss Stone - The Soul Sessions. Her version of "The Chokin Kind" and
"Dirty Man" are just awesome. I love this cd.






I also picked up a Lucinda Williams cd that I have been meaning to get for a couple of years . I have been a fan on Lucinda Williams for several years. She was in Little Rock a couple of years ago at Robinson Auditorium and a whole bunch of us from the station went. It was fantastic! If you like chick singers - then I recommend either of these.

3 Comments:

At 2:21 AM, Blogger Nathalie Kalbach said...

Fort Wayne, Indiana - I know two people there- but never been there. I don't think any other thing than the good brewpub/brewery scene around would lead me to this area ;-)

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger Amanda said...

Thanks for the music tips! Glad to hear you made it OK, too.

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger mbville said...

I love Joss Stone! Very nice for a laid back evening. What a voice, eh? Would love to see her live!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home