Sunday, July 01, 2007

Naa Naa Naa Naa, Naa Naa Naa Naa, Hey Hey Goodbye!

Packed up and moved out of Uptown Square in Memphis. I have had this apartment since April 2004. The apartment complex, itself, was pretty cool. Built in the 30s as a public housing project. Revitalized and reopened in 2004 as modern apartments with the charm of the 30s architechture. Elvis lived here from 1948 - 53. It could be a real community place but I never really settled in. I loved the apartment but once Andy moved, I never really met any other neighbors. I was never there enough to meet anyone. I will be staying with a friend when I am in Memphis working from here on out.

We were meeting up with the wonderful volunteer moving contingent at 10:30 at the apartment. Just as Michael and I got there, I spotted a true Memphis Pimp and Ho walking across Danny Thomas. The ho was, obviously, not happy with the Pimp. They were arguing all the way across the street. She was rough looking, dressed in the stereotypical ho outfit for the not so nice part of town. He was classic pimp, for the same part of town. I snapped a pic from the sunroof of the truck but it was not the best. However, here they are - immortalized forever - Memphis Pimp and Ho. I wondered though, were they just finishing up their Friday night (it was 10:30 a.m.) or were they starting early for a Saturday?

The volunteer moving contingent consisted of John, Karen, Dano, T, Jen & TC. They were awesome!! They all drove to Memphis, worked their butts off, drove back to Little Rock and worked their butts off again. I was so thankful for these fine folks. Here they are, under the magnolia tree outside of Neely's Interstate BBQ. I fed them all a Memphis BBQ lunch. It was so hot yesterday. Within a few minutes we were all drenched in sweat and miserable. The good thing was that since we all stank, eating together was tolerable.

We encountered a few showers on the way home, had to exit the highway at Brinkley and take Hwy 70 to Hazen to avoid the clogged up Interstate. Michael and I decided it took the same amount of time to do that because when we got back on at Hazen, we were behind the same truck we left on the highway at Brinkley. BUT, at least we were moving and saw some pretty back road scenery.

I got my big ass couch in the living room and Michael and I are at a standoff. I want to keep my couch, he wants to keep his leather double recliner thing. However, both do not fit in this living room, well they do not fit and look right. So we have both crammed in there and we are at a standoff. I will let you know how that comes out. I also have an extra bed, extra dining room table, extra tables, extra chairs, extra pics, extra dishes, etc. I am going through all that this week and moving some to Jen's, merging some in here and selling the rest in a huge yard sale.








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home