Friday, June 01, 2007

Lame on the Blog Thing

I have been so lame on the blog thing lately. I do not keep up the MySpace thing and I am slacking off on the blog thing here.


I have been crucially busy at work - to the point of stress!! After next week, it should be ok for a day or two. :-)


Mom fell again and broke her shoulder again - different one. I stayed with her last night and will hang around most of the weekend because it is really difficult for her to manuever for the necessities. If you have read any prior posts you know that I have quite a relationship with my mom, as most of her family does. She is the queen of "backhanded compliments" - meaning it is supposed to sound like a compliment but it really isn't. Of course, this one just does not even come close to sounding like a compliment. Last night, as I was telling her about this night cream I was using and liking she said "you need to have your face planed". I said "What?" (thinking what the hell is planed?) She said it again. So I am thinking she means some kind of dermabrasion or something. So I just said "oh ok". She ended with "Maybe it would make your face look better". (Double blink) uhhhh -ok, maybe it would.

Now really, I had no idea my face was so horrible that I needed to have it planed??

Hmmmmm. Horrid, what was I thinking? :-)

2 Comments:

At 2:48 AM, Blogger Nathalie Kalbach said...

Oh boy- that is not nice! Mothers- LOL!

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger Amanda said...

*eye roll at your mom's comments*

I think you are quite beautiful just the way you are!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home