Saturday, May 19, 2007

The White Gal's 40 ounce

Girlfriends turn you on to the coolest things. Diana came over last night and brought what I have now dubbed "The While Gal's 40 ouncer" - our equivalent to Colt 45 or Olde English 800. Here it is ... Kriek Lambic -------------------------->
It is a fruit based malt liquor. She brought Raspberry. It was pretty yummy. It kept us entertained until close to midnight. We were girl talking and girl drinking.
Today I bought the black cherry one. I will let you know how it is when we try it.

I did not know that there was a whole world out there about 40 oz'ers.... check this out.


5 Comments:

At 5:09 AM, Blogger Nathalie Kalbach said...

it is yummie and it is BEER - seriously!!! It is one of my favorite styles ;-)

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger Amanda said...

LOL, Nat...I was just going to explain that it really is beer and not a malt anything. lambic just a term that indicates the process by which it's fermented (open air versus actually putting yeast into the liquid)...most are from Belgium.

My fave is Lindemans cassis (black currant)

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger Deb said...

Hey, I was just going by the label...malt liquor is what it said!! :-)

That being said - the black cherry one tasted like Luden's Wild Cherry Cough Drops... not so hot. I like the raspberry one much better!!

 
At 5:44 PM, Blogger theOtherWhiteMeat! said...

Gals: "Malt liquor" is, Hello! ==> BEER.

Love, Larry

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger Amanda said...

I didn't like the cherry one either! I have never heard that malt liquor means the same thing beer - gotta go and look that one up! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home