Thursday, May 03, 2007

Remodel Blues

I have the remodel blues. I am dead dog tired from all this stuff. I feel like I have walked around this house in circles more times than I can count. I keep looking at all that has to be done and getting frustrated. Today I took off work (and still fielded 4 phone calls and answered e mails) and got a lot accomplished, I guess. I totally dusted the living room including the blinds, yep each slat. The construction dust was everywhere. I got most of the junk out of there and tomorrow I can sweep the wood floors, vaccum (sp?) the rug, etc. I need to run a mop over the wood floors to gather up the fine particles the broom will miss. Then on to the dining room. That place is a disaster. At least I got the guest bedroom cleaned up and ready for this weekend.

Here are some quick shots of how the remodel is progressing.....


The toilet leans because the floor leans in this old house. The cabinet looks crooked because the ceiling line is crooked in this old house. GRRRR. Tomorrow they are fixing the leaning toilet. Not much we can do with the cabinet but put something on top of it to hide the flaw of this old house. While old houses can be charming, sometimes they are just a pain in the butt.

The kitchen will get bamboo blinds. I love the two pendant lights over the sink. They are really nice and give a little pop in that area. The travertine backsplash turned out very nice. Overall, we will be very happy to have a bathroom that is not embarrassing and to have a nice shower to use.

Now, off to the tub before I go to bed. I have hit the wall tonight. I will be so glad to get out of this tub for good. I really missed my showers.

1 Comments:

At 8:19 AM, Blogger Amanda said...

Beautiful!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home