Friday, April 13, 2007

Weather Woes

Man, what is wrong with this weather?? We were freezing last weekend and we started to slightly warm up the past couple of days to be hit by massive thunderstorms, wind, lightning and hail today. Tonight the loudest clap of thunder I ever heard woke my from my little nappy on the loveseat. I thought someone dropped a bomb on the street!! WOW! It is cold, nasty, wet, yukky and, in general, a bummer. At least, we are not getting the snow some folks are getting!! Hey Mother Nature...it is the middle of April!!!

On another note, I am also bummed out about a situation at the radio station. A long time show host (I mean 20 plus years) was booted in favor of more Hispanic programming. Not that I am against Hispanic programming - I am against their ability to purchase 4 nights a week for one man who owns a large club in town. It goes against all the rules to allow a business owner to purchase shows and then hype up the business. I suspect that is what is happening. The sucky thing about it is I believe it was motivated solely by the 25% commission the manager who brokered the deal got. The deal was $4,000 a month for those days (7 - 10pm Wed - Sat). Lets see, 25% of $4,000 makes that a nice tidy $1,000.00 commission - monthly. Now why do you think those shows have taken over? By the way, I believe that knocks out any other Hispanic programming we have. So, we have dumped all the other for one club owner. Sound ethical to you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home