Monday, April 09, 2007

Demo Derby

Well the demo has begun. Today the crew came in and started ripping out the kitchen floor. They removed the old dishwasher and stove. They moved the fridge to the dining room. After all of that, they started pulling up the old flooring. Two layers on linoleum. The one on top was probably put down in the late 70s, early 80s. The one below that was definitely 50s, maybe late 40s. It was a speckled green press on square by square thing. Pretty dreadful! I should have taken a pic beforehand. Tomorrow, the bathroom will be gutted.

I put the old dishwasher on freecycle and it was gone by 3 this afternoon. The lady who got it said her dishwasher went out yesterday. I do not have to put it in a landfill and she gets a working washer. What a deal!

My allergies continue to kill me. My eyes on most days look dreadful. Much like I stayed up all night crying. I have an appt with the allergist on Thursday morning. I take shots every 14 days, Allegra in the a.m and Zyrtec in the p.m. and I have had to rely on Benadryl in between. Can you say SLEEPY?

By the way, I am loving some Amos Lee. His music is so awesome. I love the song Freedom, and the one called Colors...and then there is Lullabye and Supply and Demand....ahhh just go download some of it and check it out yourself.

Will post pics of the remodel as we progress.

2 Comments:

At 6:59 AM, Blogger Jami said...

WOW Deb I feel for you and your allergies, YUCK. I am the same way except I take clariton because working with kids all day I can't afford to be drowsy. That would be a trip. But anyways what fun with demo but the finished rooms will be exciting. I can't wait to see pictures.

 
At 9:25 AM, Blogger Amanda said...

I hope you get some allergy relief soon! And I can't wait to see pics of your new space!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home