Sunday, April 22, 2007

Kitty Mama Drama


These little stinkers were born under my house. Mama is a fluffy calico. I thought she was feral but it turns out she is not. I think someone dumped her. Anyway, she had these under the house and Maya was absolutly obsessed with something being under the house. She gnawed some of the paint off my built in bookcases trying to get under there to see what was down there!! Three weeks ago, Maya got under the house and came out with a scratched nose. Mama Cat don't play! Two weeks ago, Michael went into the shed to get something and heard hissing. He saw mama cat and 5 kittens in there. She moved them from under the house to our shed. I began contacting organizations trying to get help for these kitties. In the meantime, we learned she was friendly so I began feeding her. She gets two full meals a day plus some snacky stuff and eats it all. I figured since she was feeding - she could worry about her girlish figure later. She moved them once again to another shed. She had them in a shallow box on the shelf. I changed them out of the small box into a larger and deeper box - she seemed content with that. Long story short, I have all of the kitties adopted out - last two leaving tomorrow. A friend of mine wants Mama in a week or so. We are going to get her spayed. She was a bit upset when a kitty turned up missing here and there. I felt really bad taking her kitties but I know it is best so that they are not feral!!
I hope no more show up. This is not a good thing for someone who is off the charts allergic to cats.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home