Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Greek Temple Architecture or Mausoleum??

So Michael and I got the bug several months ago to buy some land and a new house. We want it large enough to hold what we have and the folks that might be with us. We wanted some land so we had some sense of privacy (more so M than I - I am content in a neighborhood). We signed up with an agent, looked at a few then decided to cool our jets for awhile. However, we are still on the Listings link. When a listing is posted that falls within our parameters (house size, bedrooms, acreage, price, etc..) we get the listing.

Got this listing the other day. When I opened it up I said "that looks like a Mausoleum" but when I read the description I was informed that it was Marble Greek Temple Architecture. OK -- I still say it screams Mausoleum. If you check out all the pics on the listing you will note the water feature in the living room... like it takes up the entire living room...why?? However, the notes on the listing say they have removed the water feature so you can have more room. I cannot imagine why. Why who wouldn't want a huge ass water fountain instead of furniture in a living room? Who wouldn't want the downright hominess of all that marble? Who wouldn't want that mess of lights above the living room that look like lights above a stage (I actually thought it was a model airplane hanging there) AND who wouldn't want that inviting front entrance with all that lovely light. Oh come on - you know the light streaming through that 2 foot circle above the doorway. What gives with the Victorian style door on the Greek Temple Architecture house? This house just says weird to me... in every possible way.

2 Comments:

At 6:40 AM, Blogger Jami said...

OMG Deb that is one weird house or whatever you want to call it. When I saw the first picture I thought where are the windows? It seems like a dark mansoleum like you said. It gave me a very cold feeling. Very weird.

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger Amanda said...

ROFL....that is definitely a strange house... I think you should tour it! And see what it's really like inside.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home