Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Hello from Shopryland

- Nashville, TN. I am here all week doing training for New Investigators. I do not really care for Opryland, we call it Shopryland. I mean, it is ok, but come on. Who designed this freakin' place? I think they just added on everytime they needed more room, with no rhyme or reason. Check out the map of the hotel/convention center....

I am staying in a room, which is the equivalent of a Holiday Inn express or something. You know, the flowery bedspread, flowery curtains, a tv slapped on top of a dresser thing. Nothing extravagant but ok. I am staying in one of those spikes sticking out of the nucleus in the "red" area. That is Delta. I have to work my way from Delta to Magnolia every day for training. Magnolia is in one of the yellow spikes off the convention center. I would estimate that hike to be about 1/2 mile?? In high heels, hauling a briefcase of training materials, etc.. NOT FUN.

When I got here on Sunday I was dropped off in a swarm of people from Wal Mart!! I am here when there is a Wal Mart Conference. Yes, they cheer. Yes, they play loud "pump you up music in their meetings"...AND they are very secretive and weird about "security". They have hired additional security to stand outside their meeting room doors where all 3,000 plus of them are chanting and cheering. They direct you to walk past outside the blue roped area. Huh? What? I might absorb some Wal Mart secret on the way to my freakin training session 1/2 mile away? They also have a chick who walks around with a K-9 dog sniffing around. Maybe he is trained to sniff out Target spies or something. Surely they do not think someone is going to plant a bomb at their conference? Although the last time I was at Opryland that man did blow himself up in the parking lot but it was not related to Wal Mart. Also, I have noticed an abundance of chick mullets in the Wal Mart clan. I have seen about 7 of them since Sunday. In fact, K9 chick has a modified mullet.

Also here this week is the National Air Duct Cleaners Association. Who would have thought? My co trainer wanted to know what air duct cleaners could have to discuss for one full week. I got to admit, I wonder, too. There was a workshop sign I saw yesterday outside one of the training rooms entitled "Big Bucks in Air Ducts". Must be something about those air ducts that I do not know about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home