Monday, March 26, 2007

Well, it has been a couple of weeks since I posted. Busy and boring, pretty much.

Although I have to admit when I ran across this little ad to the left here it was Deja Vu. The KABFers have met two times in as many weeks to plan listener appreciation day for April 7th. This reminded me soooo much of our little get togethers. The first meeting was held at Loca Luna. Flap, Cryin Brian, Audie, Diana, Jay, Tennille and myself enjoying the cold brew and the patio. The second meeting was held at Cornerstone Pub; Flap, Cryin Brian, Audie, Diana and moi'. We accomplish much at these meetings, really we do. We consume mass quantities of libations, as well. The listener appreciation thing is coming along quite nicely. I am going to cook jambalaya and Flap is cooking her awesome gumbo. Come on down to the station and join us.

This weekend flew by. Michael & I had dinner with Bob & Diana on Saturday evening. Most gracious hosts they be. Diana cooked a wonderful meal of flank steak with chimichurri sauce, salad and some heavenly rolls from Boulevard. Dessert was chocolate banana bread. We ate on their wonderful (and I am so envious) screened in sun room/porch. It was beautiful. The evening was great, so much so that when we decided it was time to leave it was 1:30 a.m.!!

Michael and I are working up to a tizzy. That means we are planning on being in a tizzy getting things ready for the annual crawfish boil (May 5th) and the remodeling that is about to occur. That means this place will be a disaster zone for a couple of weeks. I did get the 200 pound blanket off the bed and redid the bedding with a lighter quilt from Pottery Barn. I think Michael will quit complaining since this one only weighs about 25 pounds as opposed to the 200 pound comforter. I have to admit, I laugh all the time at Michael for complaining that the comforter weighed 200 pounds because, of course, it does not. However, when I went to fold it to put it away, it was very heavy and bulky.

We went to Lowe's and got a new dishwasher for the kitchen redo. We are also going to install a microwave above the stove to free up counter space. Michael got a ton of yard stuff and has begun his annual battle with the "non-lawn" which he has yet to totally win. This yard is mostly rock. He tries very hard to make grass grow with some success for a short period of time. However, I think he should just forgo grass and go for moss since rocks really seem to like moss or vice-versa.
So the annual battle is on. I will let you know how it turns out.
Speaking of lawn, grass, etc... The oak tassles are in full swing and all over the car and yard. The green dust (pollen) has changed the color of my Tribute from silver to yellowish green. It also gives way to the
annual practice of sneezing
50 times a day. Have a kleenex my allergy affected friends. I am with you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home