Sunday, February 18, 2007

Weekend Whippets

Another weekend bites the dust. Well, sort of. I guess I get an extended weekend since tomorrow is President's Day and I get the day off. Woo hoo! I love those red number days on the calendar.

Friday was pledge drive at the station. We did ok. I really think that damn labor show (and nothing personal against the hosts) has really caused us to take a hit. When we lost 30 minutes...we had those folks listening in the car on their way home and calling in a pledge. But thanks to all who pledged and I appreciate the heck out of it. One cool premium was Gil Franklin offering up an hour of slide guitar lessons for a $35 pledge to KABF. That was real sweet of him to do. He gave us 5.

Friday night Michael and I went to Mt. Fuji, sort of a delayed V-day thing. Had the asparagus roll, Volcano roll and crunchy shrimp roll. YummmmY. Of course, I had two Kirin so when we got home I was sleepy and not wanting to meet up with Flap at Sticky Fingerz to see the Hackensaw Boys. I called her and she sounded a little bummed that I was trying to back out. I told Michael I felt bad but did not want to drive down there and have anymore to drink and drive home. He offered to drive me there and come back and get me!! Is that sweet or what? I called Flap and told her the plan. She came over here and Michael took both of us to SF and came back and got us at 12:30!! Now that is a sweetie. I tell ya I have a keeper there. We had a good time at the show and I enjoyed getting out with Flap - we have not really been out in awhile.

Saturday was total slug day and I loved it. I did go grocery shopping in the evening - so that killed the whole slug fest day.

Today I had my brother, sister in law, niece, mom and Jen over for an early dinner. I cooked a huge pan of Penne Pasta with sauce, a caesar salad, garlic bread and for dessert.... I made an old fashioned banana pudding.. or nanner puddin. Can you say "oh yeah!!" I even did the meringue on top. It was really good. I like the short cut ones just fine but none taste as good as the old fashioned kind... mmmm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home