Sunday, September 24, 2006

YIKES, where did the week go?

I swear it was just last week yesterday wasn't it? The week flew by and I have not caught up yet.

I have managed to snag the common cold again and I am totally convinced it came from sitting in an airplane, yet again. How do you avoid it? I guess you could look like a freak with a mask on and make everyone nervous that you have some huge communicable disease. It makes me so darn mad. I flew to White Plains, NY on Thursday, rented a car and drove to Stamford, CT through Old Greenwich. WOW - what a beautiful place! All of it - gorgeous. I was just struck by how pretty it was there. I flew back home on Friday and we sat on the runway in White Plains for 45 minutes because Chicago was not letting anyone come their way because of the weather. My flight out of Chicago was delayed 2 1/2 hours and I arrived an hour late for my radio show. I finished the last bit and had to stay to cover for Flap's show. She does an alternative country show and I had fun with that.

I woke up yesterday with that "I am getting a cold feeling" and was so pissed. I took meds all day in an effort to ward it off, no luck. My mom turned 75 yesterday and we had a small party for her here. Virginia and her mom, Betty, came over, my sister in law and niece and us. Jen had to work and came by beforehand. We had BBQ from Whole Hog (yum) and Mirian made mom's favorite coconut cake. It was nice but I was feeling pretty cruddy. When it was all over I crashed and slept forever. Today I am scrunging and whining around.

My ex and his wife came over to see mom today and bring her a birthday gift. They brought Bailey, Maya's sister from the litter behind Maya. The two of them are so much alike it is too funny. We snapped a few pics of them but they are both so wiggly and keyed up that you cannot get them to sit still together. Maya is on the left and Bailey is on the right. Their mannerisms and bad ass behavior is the same. Must be the breed (yorkie and rat terrier = mutt). Bailey looks just like Maya did and I think Bailey will get more brown around her face like Maya has now. Ignore my double chin from leaning back - what a beaut I am today, no makeup, wild hair and scrungy clothes.

As I lay wallowing in self pity in my bed today with kleenexes all around - I just kept asking myself "why me, why another cold?" whaaa whaaa whaaa. I guess I just need to get over it, put on my big girl panties and move on. BUT geeezzz I did not even get a two week break. At least I do not have to get on another plane until October 23. I see you can order some No Cooties for use on those flights. Wonder if TSA will let that on?

Speaking of TSA, I sent them a flaming e mail yesterday. I was so mad, they opened some cosmetic stuff inside my suitcase and did not seal the bag back up - stuff everywhere!! I will surely make the no fly list because I was pretty hot and said some pretty nasty things to them. Oh well, enough is enough, don't ya think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home