Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Colds, Sinuses and Methheads


Thanks to the meth heads of the world, us regular folk have to go through hell and high water to get the good medicine anymore. Yep, us non meth head folk who have the sinus pressure and the general malady of the common cold are forced to stand in line, while sick no less, to sign for some effective medicine.

I have the common cold/allergy thing going on. I was training with a person in North Dakota last week who had the killer cold. I think I caught it and added on the whole allergy thing on top of it. I take shots, take Zyrtec and Allegra and still have allergy symptons. Just a fact. Over the years I succesffuly used Tylenol Sinus (for that horrible sinus head thing) or Sudafed Cold medicine when I had the runny nose or stuffed nose thing going on.

Well thanks to the meth heads, we have to go take a card with the picture of our good medicine on it and take it to the pharmacy. We stand in line sniffling, coughing and sneezing (much to the chagrin of our co line standers) and wait our turn at the register. Once we get there we hand over the card (like we are checking out a book at the library) and they go retrieve it. They then scan it and get your driver's license putting all your info in the computer so it can log how much of the good medicine you are purchasing. You feel like a criminal. You wonder how much you can buy before they come hunting you down to see if your are cooking in the house. You pay for your medicine and finally leave. You are so thankful to finally get something that works, you open it in the car on the way home and take a dose then and there.

I miss being able to get my medicine when I needed it. Now, it is never in stock. I like the Sudafed shown above but it was all sold out!! Those damn meth heads. I had to settle for the Aleve Cold & Sinus, after I demanded something with psuedoephedrine in it. I am sure that got a check mark by my name in the computer. I got that and some Walgreen's Rest Easy (which I think is generic Nyquil)...ahhh sweet elixir of the cold damned.

Two days later and I feel better. Still a bit on the puny side but better. Thanks to my willingness to take the heat and buy the good stuff. Besides, anyone could look at me and see I am not a meth user. These extra pounds, all my teeth and no pock marks attest to that fact. You have probably seen those "Faces of Meth" sites... pretty scary stuff. I have seen how this drug affects people I know. You have to wonder what even makes them take that first hit? Who would ever think it would be a good idea to smoke chemicals? Bizzaro. I will stay pleasantly plump, thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home