Thursday, August 24, 2006

You say Tomahto, I say Tomato

It's lunchtime in Memphis. I ran upstairs to grab a take out lunch from our in building cafeteria. I ordered their lasagna, which comes with 2 veggies, bread and a drink for $5.00. They were out of green beans and black eyed peas so I went with corn on the cob and sliced tomatoes. I think it is a southern thing that whole "sliced tomatoes" as a vegetable selection but I could be wrong.

Now I am not talking fancy, schmancy sliced tomatoes with cheese and basil, etc. I am talking plain old sliced tomatoes.

I got back to my desk and opened the container and found that they had already added mayonnaise to the tomatoes. Now we are talking!! YEA baby. That is the way to serve up some sliced tomatoes. It is expected that you want mayo on your tomatoes. We are not talking no wussy Miracle Whip either... we are talking mayonnaise. For the record, mayonnaise is "Hellman's" because you know you want to Bring out the best.....

P. S. You can run a tab at this cafeteria and pay later. They just write it on an index card and file it. Tell me someplace in New York City or Los Angeles where you can do that!!

3 Comments:

At 9:18 AM, Blogger mbville said...

Blech! Mayo on sliced tomatoes? ICK! I like mine plain with salt. And personally, I am a Miracle Whip Light girl! ha ha ha

 
At 11:01 PM, Blogger Deb said...

Miracle Whip Light? Just tie me up and beat me with a rubber hose!!

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger mbville said...

I'll leave that up to Michael!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home