Monday, September 11, 2006

Remembering

Today marks 5 years since the tragedies of 9/11. I remember exactly where I was, in a hotel room in Memphis, TN preparing to go to the office to do fiscal year planning with my Supervisor. I spent a weird few days in Memphis, we did actually get our planning work done, but our minds were all distracted. I remember sitting in the hotel lobby watching the aftermath on the big screen tv with other hotel guests. There was an odd feeling that no one wanted to be alone in their hotel rooms watching this. So, there sat a group of strangers numbering around 20, watching and crying.

No one can forget the horrible images of those days. Tonight I watched the CBS documentary about the firefighters. It was painful, chilling and sad. I refused to watch the docu-drama on ABC, shunning its exploitation of such a horrendous event in the lives of so many people, for the objective of furthering the blame on the previous administration. Supposedly, they cleaned it up a bit before showing it and added some disclaimers BUT I still refused to participate in the lie. I will not get on my soapbox about this for today needs to be a day of rememberance without politics.

To all the innocent people who were victims of a brutal and despicable act of war against this country at the World Trade Centers, the Pentagon and on Flight 93, to all the first responders who safely evacuated 27,000 people from the WTCs before they fell, to all the first responders who lost their lives while doing their jobs, to all who had the unbelievably tough task of going back to find surviors or bodies, to all who helped in anyway. I remember.

1 Comments:

At 11:42 AM, Blogger Amanda said...

I am pleased that the docudrama farce from ABC got so little viewing. I am amazed that people actually tried to market some of the stuff in there as truth...

*rolls eyes*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home