Sunday, December 09, 2007

Massive Update October - November

I have been so neglectful of this blog because it just has been busy as ever.

October was a busy month with the first part being the Arkansas Blues & Heritage festival. We had a fabulous time, although I got sick (dang it) from overheating!! In October!! It was so hot, we all went over to Clarksdale, MS on Saturday afternoon to escape the heat. I missed the campsite party at Michael Burks site but will make it next year for sure. Lots of good memories from that weekend! Enjoyed the music, the Chuck's BBQ sandwich, walking around and hanging backstage with Charlotte, stealing the blues box with Charlotte, having an opening ceremony for the blues box to discover it was full of NOTHING. But we did have some fun.

I then spent two weeks spent in Phoenix doing training for the agency. On the weekend, several of the instructors went to the Grand Canyon and Sedona. It was pretty awesome to see. A big thanks to Krista and Tony for being our tour guides or the locals who got stuck with us for the weekend. The Grand Canyon was amazing. Photos, or at least ones I took, do not do it justice. We were supposed to meet up with some of the other instructors at 6pm - at the lodge, bar, tourist center and we got there at 5pm.
We started drinking beer, playing the juke box and pool and the others did not show up until almost 7pm.... hmmmm. Is a picture worth a thousand words? We went on to Flagstaff and stayed at a motel on Route 66. The next morning we went to Sedona. That was beautiful. We stopped along the way and bought some jewelry from some Native Americans. I bought several pieces made by this woman, who is 94. That is her beautiful great granddaughter with her. She made the bracelets all the Amys got when I returned.


Sedona was fabulous but I have to admit, I felt no vortex or anything special but I did enjoy the town very much. Bev and I had a drink at sunset and the show was amazing. This was my view from the outside bar area. Yep, those are my chucks... love em. I always take my view from the relaxed, feet up position because I am weird that way!!
As soon as I got home, I had to get ready for Octoberfest, the annual retreat to Petit Jean Mountain with the gang; John, Becky, Bill, Shyrlee, Barrie, John, Dano, T, Larry, Carolyn, Angie, Bob and others that vary from year to year. I was sick, having gotten a horrible sinus thing toward the end of my two weeks in Arizona. I did not spend a lot of time outside but enjoyed the weekend anyway. We did a girl's bedroom this year and kind of liked it. The men were tucked away in another room! At least some of us did! Good food, good friends and I forgot to take pictures.
That moves us into November. I was in the process of moving my office to Little Rock from Memphis, can I get a hell yeah? It was awfully sweet of my boss to allow me to do this. It will really help me out a lot and, really, I can do this job from just about any location with a phone and computer and I have all that portable!! I had my annual birthday party on the 17th at the Parrot Beach Cafe. Yes, there are pictures, No I have not uploaded them apparently. Big John Miller played and we all had a blast. I have also seen pics on Parrot Beach's myspace page and a few others...
Thanksgiving was ok. I did not cook. We went to the Wyndham with Virginia, Betty and a co worker Carlos. The food was good and we enjoyed not cooking or cleaning. That night we went to the annual Parrot Beach Thanksgiving Jam - which was huge. It was a ton of fun. I even got pulled up to sing - which meant that everyone else had too much to drink because I cannot sing at all!! I did backup to Charlotte with Karen, her sister and a couple of other ladies. We did Mustang Sally, yes I know - my banned song, and Chain of Fools. I really vamped it up because - what the heck right?
So there, caught up and on the move. I promise to do better with this thing, really.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home