Friday, October 13, 2006

Phobia, who knew?

Apparently, I am claustrophobic. I would never have guessed it. I know I do not like being a huge crowd of people where I cannot control which way I am going BUT I have never freaked out in a huge crowd of people.

It took this jewel here to the right to teach me that I am, embarassingly, claustrophobic. The MRI, the purveyor of the "buried alive" feeling.
The machine that made me say "OUT, GET ME OUT NOW!". (Sheepishly and red faced I admit it). I was crying and I thought my heart would explode! What a strange sensation. I now have respect for folks with phobias, how frightening, at the time you experience it. ARRGGH. At least they think they got some good shots that can be read. They also told me that if I ever needed to have another that I needed to tell them I should be sedated. I think they should have sedated me yesterday, I think the first clue would have been the first time they slid me into that death chamber and I immediately said "take me back out". Live and learn. Thankfully, I lived. HA

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home