Monday, October 09, 2006

Blues, Part two

This is Trish & I, at the campsite, after gorging ourselves with my Jambalaya. We all had a great time sitting around waiting for Jon Justice Band to perform.
Michael loaded up their equipment and hauled them to the Emerging Artists stage so they could set up




This is Jon Justice performing. He is awesome and his band sounded great!




Bill brought back a "souvenir" from our late night at the festival on Friday. A smoked turkey leg. He left it on the table outside in the container and the next morning we had a colony of flies, ewwwwwwww and THANKS bubby! We kept those flies despite spraying, etc.

On Saturday more folks showed up and we just hung out enjoying the conversation, sights and food.


Charlotte Taylor dropped in on us. We did not get to see her band perform because they started early on Thursday before we even got to the festival.

I did get to complete a fantasy on Saturday - I rode a Harley! This nice fella, Winston, took me down Highway 49, around by the bridge over the Mississippi and back. It was uber cool. You meet the friendliest folks at the festival each year.

More to come!

1 Comments:

At 3:47 PM, Blogger Amanda said...

Wow, you look lovely! I think this is the first photo I've seen of you (that wasn't half inch wide like on your profile)!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home